Senior Remote Sensing & GIS Professional
Location: Canberra, Australia
Geospatial Intelligence Pty Ltd (GI) is an Australian privately held company headquartered in Canberra, Australia, with offices around the country and a presence in the UK. GI has been successfully delivering high quality geospatial solutions to the public sector and commercial clients since 2002.
GI employs a team of highly skilled professionals to address the entire life-cycle of developing and delivering geospatial solutions, from the supply of data, provision of analytical and value-adding services, to assistance with assessments and decision-making structures. GI is an ESRI business partner and offers an extensive range of products and services including satellite resource management, raw data collection/supply, rapid satellite imagery acquisition, spatial analysis, and the production of high-level spatial visualisations and decision support tools.
Geospatial Intelligence Pty Ltd is looking for a highly innovative Remote Sensing and GIS Professional to join our team. We are looking for someone who will be able to quickly understand and absorb new concepts, and acquire skills on the job.
This is a full-time position based in Canberra, AUSTRALIA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing and analysis of geospatial data, including very high-resolution imagery and GIS data
- Use of GIS and remote sensing software for analysis and output generation of geospatial products
- Supervise and mentor a team
- Participation in key Industry forums
- Support Geospatial Intelligence in various markets
- Pro-active Business Development of our products and services
- Develop and close Business Opportunities
- Other duties appropriate to the position as required
- Working knowledge of disciplines including remote sensing, GIS, programming languages, social media and open source data
- Understanding of geospatial systems and technologies
- Proven track record for successful project management
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivation, initiative and capacity to learn
- Good communication skills, a mature attitude and good interpersonal and client service skills
- A strong work ethic with a proactive approach to opportunities
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have completed a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- The Company will provide financial assistance to the successful applicant for relocation and arrange for the appropriate visa.
How to apply
We do not expect applicants to have all the skills listed above. Please outline any of the skills you have that are relevant to this advertisement, or to the the role of Remote Sensing & GIS Professional and we will consider your application.
We believe in finding the right people and helping them excel. Please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit your cover letter to a maximum of 2 pages.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.